How does Home Delivery work?
- Reserve your items online or by calling the library.
- Once your items become available you will be notified.
- You may then call the library to request delivery.
- Please give us any instructions we will need to safely drop off your items without contact.
- Have your library card ready when you call and we will check the items out to you.
- One of our staff will deliver your items as soon as possible.
Who can use Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery?
Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery is only available for physical library card holders, not digital library card holders.
How do I get a library card?
If you want a physical card contact the library. We’d be happy to issue one and mail it to you. We can only mail to physical addresses, not PO boxes. You will not be able to check out items until you receive your card.
How do I return items?
Call the library and we will arrange for pickup if you need help returning items.
How can I get advice on what I might like to read?
During this time when browsing in the library is not safe, library staff is happy to recommend titles that fit your personal reading tastes. We have developed a Personalized Reading Recommendations form that you can fill out online under the Request tile on the library’s website. If you don’t have or use a computer, just call the library. We will then recommend five titles to you within two business days.
How can I get information on a specific topic?
Library staff are available to identify print and electronic sources to meet your
Information needs. We have an Ask a Librarian form you can fill out online under the Request tile on the library’s website. If you don’t have or use a computer, just call the library. We will then compile a list of resources for your consideration within two business days.